Guidelines for the information and visual design of tables.
Helpful article for designing quantitative data.
After identifying message of table consider the following during design process.
- meet reader’s expectations
- logically structure data to achieve table goals
- edit, edit, edit—remove visual clutter
- use typography to create hierarchy and maintain the standard throughout
- use contrast reduce column numbers
- group similar data
- use the grid
- highlight the important stuff
- provide brief summary
- White S P A C E